on June 21, 2014 /
What could be sweeter than baby's first birthday? Celebrating with an ice cream themed soiree of course!
Ice cream bar Rice Krispy Treats, Cake Pops and Mini Cupcakes from Taste of Grace
Ice Cream Cone Cookies from Yummy Delicious Cookies
Styling: Jennifer Shields of Posh Tot Events
Cake pops, Rice Krispy Treats and Mini Cupcakes: Taste of Grace
Cookie Favors: Yummy Delicious Cookies
Venue: The Gilbert House
Read More →
on April 18, 2014 /
The Easter Bunny is sure to stop by with treats if you leave out something sweet for him. Below is our recipe for Bunny Bait. The perfect combination of salty and sweet!
- 1/2 cup un-popped popcorn kernels
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups broken pretzel squares
- 1 12 oz. bag pastel M&Ms)
- Multicolored Sprinkles
- Pop popcorn and remove any un-popped popcorn kernels. Toss in broken pretzel pieces and M&Ms.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on HIGH power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula. Then drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated (don't over stir though or your sprinkles wont stick if the white chips begin to set and harden). Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle entire mixture evenly with sprinkles before vanilla chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Cooking Classy
Read More →
on April 16, 2014 /
Easter is just a few days away, but not to worry! We have compiled a list of our favorite DIY Easter basket projects. There is still time to make your basket Egg-stra special! Each of these fun ideas can be done with help from the kiddos.
1. Tutu Easter Basket
Easy and fun to make, this basket will be a favorite long after the Bunny is gone. Check out these easy peasy instructions to see how to make your own. Photo courtesy of The Ribbon Retreat
2. Personalized Beach Pail
WIth Summer right around the corner, why not use a beach pail for a basket? It is sure to be re-used as a sand toy all summer and can easily be personalized with felt or vinyl stickers. Pick up a plastic beach pail at Target or the craft store - usually under $5 and start embellishing!
3. Duck Tape Basket
Any mom knows that there is a Duck Tape craze going on out there. Kids are making everything from wallets and flowers to tote bags and iPhone cases. Check out these cool Duck Tape baskets!
4. No Sew Basket Liners
We have all seen those fancy baskets with the fabric liners. They can be pricy and are limited in fabric choices. Why not make your own with this no-sew method? Martha Stewart has a pretty easy method using oil cloth. Regular fabric can be used as well just use pinking shears to cut the edges.
5. Fabric Garland Basket
This is perhaps our favorite one because it is not only simple to make and beautiful to look at, it can be personalized in a very special way by using scraps of fabric from outgrown Easter clothes and added to year after year. You can make coordinating wreaths using the same method to decorate your home. Check out this pretty example from LiveLaughRowe.
Read More →
on August 22, 2013 /
When Ava started planning her 8th birthday she knew just what she wanted. A fun and crafty party that combined her favorite color scheme - hot pink and black, her favorite animal print and lots of activity stations to keep her friends busy. Better yet, have everyone come in their PJs and stage an overnight party scene -- and the Pajama Jam party was born! The tables were crafted to look like beds with zebra print headboards. Each girl received a personalized sleep mask and they were used as placecards at the table With headband making stations and a "bead Lounge" plus mini mani/pedis for each girl there was plenty of activities to keep them occupied. The sweets buffet included a custom made zebra print cake, pink macarons, chocolate covered Oreos and giant hot pink bubble gum balls. View more images here.
Photography by Lauren Nicole Studios
Read More →